Monday, October 17, 2011

NEVER LIMIT YOURSELF TO THE OPPORTUNITIES LIFE HAS TO OFFER

By Josephine Waruguru Kiguru


It’s said that you cannot fully enjoy a swing unless you raise your feet from the ground. That you won’t fully enjoy a boat ride unless you remove the rope’s knot from the river bank. My point is that never limit yourself to the opportunities life has to offer.
As a lawyer, I am mostly limited to Law and/or rules governing several sectors of life. For example, if I was in a Law class right now, I would probably be learning about the Laws Governing Social Media- the Law on Intellectual Property; Copyrights and Patents: laws elaborating rights and responsibilities in variety of ways….etc etc. Fortunately, the training on Social Media is a vital tool in my career. It will help me advance my communication skills and will also help me to develop skills that will empower social change in the society and even the country as a whole. By posting articles in my blog or even on behalf of the organization I work for, on legal issues affecting the society and how to curb them, will act as a milestone in accomplishing my career goals and my organization vision and mission.
Social Media training has also enabled me to interact with intellectual people from different countries and share their values and believes. This is a good experience for me because I have learnt a lot about various fields of expertise and ideas I can use in my career as an activist and as a lawyer. I am truly Blessed and Honored to be at MS-TCDC.

2 comments:

  1. Yes dear,
    so u are ths creative no wonder you got followers on twitter wen I hav none......great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dear
    Dully noted. I am yet to insert a photo of myself as advised by Adrian

    ReplyDelete